Thursday, June 17, 2010

How do I remove an error from my credit report?

nearly three years ago I was in a motorcycle wreck and wracked up a lot of medical bills. I paid all of my bills except the hospital bill which I filed bankruptsy on (I just didnt happen to have an extra 90 grand lying around). One of my doctor bills I was slow to pay on and it went to a debt collector by the time I had the money to pay it. Long story short I paid the debt collector for the bill but when I recently had a credit check run on me I was told that the bill was still on my credit report marked as unpaid. I was told to contact a credit agency and tell them it was paid but my question is; how do I contact a credit agency and make them fix the error on my report? Who do I call or where do I go?



How do I remove an error from my credit report?

Contact the original company you had the debt with. Get a letter from them stating your account is paid in full. Then, send that letter to all 3 major credit reporting bureaus.



How do I remove an error from my credit report?

When you paid it, you should have gotten written proof from the debt collector. Dig up the old checks and try to get the collector to give you written proof. If you don%26#039;t have written proof, provide the credit agency with your cancelled checks and any other written documentation you can provide. Hopefully you will have enough written from the debt collector to get your credit fixed.



How do I remove an error from my credit report?

There are three credit bureaus who report credit. You have the right to dispute under the equal credit opportunity act. You will first need to obtain you 3 credit reports and then make disputes with each bureau. Best Wishes...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


credit checks © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting