Thursday, June 17, 2010

On an application to rent a house it wants "credit references." What do I list?

I%26#039;m assuming they want credit accounts listed, but which ones? There are only three spaces and I have plenty more than that. Do I try and list the ones that I have always been on time with payments? Or the credit cards with zero balances? Or loans through my credit union? My student loans? What would be the best to help us be accept to rent this home?



Or do they want something completely different there?



Also, aren%26#039;t they going to run a credit check anyway? Why do I need to list %26quot;credit references%26quot; if they are just going to verify it?



On an application to rent a house it wants %26quot;credit references.%26quot; What do I list?

Your second paragraph speaks to the point that they%26#039;re going to check your credit anyway - so you%26#039;re right in thinking the credit references on the application are more a formality than anything. I%26#039;d recommend you list things for which you are currently indebted, such as car loans, student loans, and the like - and for which you are on time.



At least as important to a potential landlord or property manager in my opinion are good prior rental references. The combination of timely payment on your credit obligations and favorable references from folks who have rented to you and can vouch for you first-hand are an unbeatable combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


credit checks © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting