Thursday, June 17, 2010

What happens to my business credit report after closing my business?

I went out of business 3 years ago, however I still use 2 of my American Express Business cards that still have my old business name on them.



I recently tried to get a business credit check and it does not exist? Those cards also do not show up on my personal credit reports.



What happend to my business credit worthiness...does it exist and where?



What happens to my business credit report after closing my business?

Most business credit cards, are in the business name, but guaranteed by you personally. If you are late or default, it will magically appear on your personal credit. (you cosigned for your business)



So, they do not show up on your personal credit report if they are kept current.



Business credit is a whole different animal. Most small businesses have zero business credit. Most small business credit is issued with personal guarantees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


credit checks © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting