Saturday, October 31, 2009

Have you noticed that credit checks are being increasingly used before making job offers?

As someone with less than stellar credit but with a strong employment background, I feel this is unfair. Thoghts?



Have you noticed that credit checks are being increasingly used before making job offers?

Credit checks are being used as a substitute for %26quot;personal reliability%26quot; in insurance and in employment.



Neither of these uses is appropriate. Clearly, financial organization/responsibility does not equate to career responsibility. The best thing to do is to fight to have your credit report corrected. Dispute everything negative on it. There is a lot of good information on how to do this in this user%26#039;s answers: http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt...



Have you noticed that credit checks are being increasingly used before making job offers?

I never heard of a job doing a credit check on a potential employee. I don%26#039;t know if that%26#039;s legal or not. I know credit checks are used for living expenses and if you%26#039;re a borrower, but I never heard of that in getting a job. Or I could be reading the question wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


credit checks © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting