Saturday, October 31, 2009

Landlord does'nt have my SSN/my correct last name so can an eviction affect credit report/futur

I recently rented an apartment in Mass., then later, due to a crisis situation needed to return to my home in another state (Maine). I am 15 days late with my rent in Mass. and my landlord called and said she was going to start the eviction process if the rent isn%26#039;t paid in two weeks. I know I will not be returning to Mass. and when the landlord decided to rent the property to me, she never ran a credit check, does not have my social security number and I used my maiden name on the lease. Also, in the case of future rentals I do not plan to list the address in Mass. as a previous address.



Landlord does%26#039;nt have my SSN/my correct last name so can an eviction affect credit report/future rentals?

Call your landlord and work things out with her.



If you left all your stuff in the apartment, the landlord can sieze it after she takes you to samll claims court and win, she can take it for the judgement.



If you used your maiden name and she doesn%26#039;t have your SS#, it will not affect your credit and if you do not put that address on future rentals, you will not have any problems.



You can always fight it, if it ever shows up on your credit report.



But just note that if landlord takes you to court and win, she can hire an enforcer and come after you, especially if the judgement is a huge sum..



Did you pay a security deposit?



Were you on a lease?



If you had a lease, she can sue you for breaking the lease as well.



Let your landlordknow that you will be giving the apt up and you are willing to make payments in small amounts until it%26#039;s paid up.



Send her a letter, do not call her over the phone... if you don%26#039;t want her to have your new address, get a PO Box# and use that as your return address.



If you need more assistance , just ask another question or add me to your contact list.



Good Luck.



Landlord does%26#039;nt have my SSN/my correct last name so can an eviction affect credit report/future rentals?

If you gave your own maiden name, that will still end up on your credit report. There is a good chance she won%26#039;t actually bother to report it to the credit bureau. Landlords rarely do. If it does get reported, you can fight it and she might not supply the proof needed to keep it on your report because it could be more trouble than it%26#039;s worth once she has you out.



Landlord does%26#039;nt have my SSN/my correct last name so can an eviction affect credit report/future rentals?

Evictions can be reported to credit bureaus ... especially if it was for failure to pay.



You might want to explain to the landlord that you will not be returning and that you understand she needs to take care of business. Because eviction will an expense to both parties.... you would like to make payment arrangements to satisfy the debt.



At least if you make an effort to pay $50.00 a month back until the debt is final then if she were to take you to court you can show good faith.



Landlord does%26#039;nt have my SSN/my correct last name so can an eviction affect credit report/future rentals?

Unless you went back to Maine with all of your stuff, she can use what you left to help her get her back rent due.



Also since she CALLED YOU she has a pretty good idea on where to start to look if she decides to take this to small claims court...your phone #. Then she will know your new last name and could possibly get your SSN with a court order.



Your best bet, pay your last month%26#039;s rent before this bites you in the rear.



Landlord does%26#039;nt have my SSN/my correct last name so can an eviction affect credit report/future rentals?

SSN is not required for reporting to agencies. Just your name and address. if you had your address registered with any credit agency then they got you nailed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


credit checks © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting