Saturday, October 31, 2009

How can I rent an apartment with not so great credit?

I want to move into a new apartment but I know their will be a credit check and I dont have great credit(I know I have a charge-off), but I can definitely pay my share of the rent its only $400/month. What can I do to persuade the landlord I should be in that apartment?



How can I rent an apartment with not so great credit?

I agree with the other poster. If you offer a larger deposit or have co-signers you will probably be ok. Just explain to the LL what happened and what you%26#039;ve done to correct it. Perhaps show how you%26#039;ve been paying on time every month since your credit glitch. Provide a reference from your last LL?



Just be honest about it.



Good luck!



http://www.personalfinance101.org/?utm_s...



How can I rent an apartment with not so great credit?

Offer a large deposit!



How can I rent an apartment with not so great credit?

Offer 3 months plus 1 month security rent in advance. That will do the trick.



How can I rent an apartment with not so great credit?

Big deposit, offer to pay a few months in advance, or get someone to co-sign the lease with you.



How can I rent an apartment with not so great credit?

Offer a large deposit or find a landlord that doesn%26#039;t check your credit history, mine didn%26#039;t and he let me rent out my first apartment. Which is going successfully, if I may add.



How can I rent an apartment with not so great credit?

Usually they will have you pay 3 times the rent as a deposit. Why don%26#039;t you go and talk to them? Good luck!



How can I rent an apartment with not so great credit?

not all rental properties do a credit check. try and find an %26quot;apartment house%26quot; instead of an apartment complex. complexes are usually owned by large companies and require credit checks. apartment houses are usually owned by private landlords and a lot of times dont bother with a credit check. in case you dont know what i mean when i say apartment house, i mean a private house that has been converted into individual apartments. neither of the last 2 apartments i rented did credit checks OR checked my references. neither of the places my sister rented in the past few years did credit checks either. also, be upfront. tell them if they do check your credit that it isnt great but you%26#039;ve never had a problem paying rent. paying rent is your top priority. in other words, suck up big time.



How can I rent an apartment with not so great credit?

Offering a large security deposit can be risky depending on the rental laws in the state/country you live in. I know in the State of Masschusetts it%26#039;s against the law to ask for first, last, and security, and lock and key. Other than that it%26#039;s against the state law, therefore many landlords are risky to take in more.



A good way to find information about tenants rights and responsibilities is to go to your state%26#039;s website and review the information (If you live in the US).



If you have sufficient funds to renting an apartment then you should be able to provide proof of income to the landlord. Showing your income is more than enough to pay rent.



You should have references, prior landlords, family members, and others that can state that you are trustworthy and will be able to provide rent on time every month.



You might at times need a co-signer. I know many apartments complexes I talked to about bad credit, state that you will need a co-signer. So that if you default, then they will go after the co-signer for the payments.



A good way to is to have money put away in accounts such as CD%26#039;s, High yield savings, account, etc. So that whey they ask how will you pay rent with your credit situation you can provide them with a list of %26quot;saved up money.%26quot;



One last thing is to find privately owned apartments. Many apartments in my area are owned privately by landlords and they do not bother to do a credit check, or if your credit is bad then they won%26#039;t make a big fuss. (Opposite of an apartment complex).



Good Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


credit checks © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting